This Privacy Statement explains our practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of certain information, including your personal information, by the Golden Digital Network family of companies ("GDN").
For questions concerning your account, please visit our FAQ section of our website at www.GoldenDigitalNetwork.com/FAQ or email MemberServices@GoldenDigitalNetwork.com. For questions specifically concerning this Privacy Statement, or our use of your personal information, cookies or similar technologies, please contact us by email at Privacy@GoldernDigitalNetwork.com. Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address: Golden Digital Network, Inc., 101-C North Greenville Avenue, Suite 603, Allen, Texas 75002, Attention: Privacy. Otherwise, Golden Digital Network, Inc. (address above) is providing the service to you and is the data controller (where applicable). Please note that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety and ours we may need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
- Information you provide us: We collect information you provide to us which includes:
- your name, email address, address or postal code, payment method and telephone number. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with member services, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions; and
- information collected when you choose to provide reviews or ratings, taste preferences, account settings, set preferences in My Account or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect information regarding you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other device used to access our service (such as gaming systems, smart TVs, mobile devices, and set top boxes). This information includes:
- your activity on the GDN service, such as title selections, watch and listen history and search queries;
- details regarding your interactions with member services, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number;
- device IDs or unique identifiers, device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, IP address and standard web log information;
- Information from other sources: We might supplement the information described above with information we obtain from other sources, including from both online and offline data providers. Such supplemental information could include demographic data, interest based data, and Internet browsing behavior.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use the information we collect for:
- determining your general geographic location, providing localized content, providing you with customized and personalized viewing recommendations for music, movies and TV shows we think will be enjoyable, determining your Internet service provider and helping us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests;
- preventing, detecting and investigating potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforcing our terms (such as determining free trial eligibility);
- analyzing and understanding our audience; improving our service (including our user interface experiences), delivery optimization, content selection, and recommendation algorithms;
- communicating with you concerning our service (for example by email, push notifications and text messaging), so that we can send you news about GDN, details about new features and content available on GDN, and special offers, promotional announcements and consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests. Please see the "Your Choices" section of this Privacy Statement to learn how to set or change your communications preferences.
Disclosure of Information
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- The GDN family of companies: We share your information among the GDN family of companies as needed for: data processing and storage; providing you with access to our services; providing customer support; making decisions about service improvements, content development; and for other purposes described in the Use of Information section of this Privacy Statement.
- Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors ("Service Providers") to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize our service, to process credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to collect debts, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users' interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Promotional offers: We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. Please note that these third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
- Business transfers: In connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets, we will transfer information, including personal information, provided that the receiving party agrees to respect your personal information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Statement.
Whenever in the course of sharing information we transfer personal information to countries outside of the United States and other regions with comprehensive data protection laws, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
You may also choose to disclose your information in the following ways:
- While using the GDN service you will have opportunities to post reviews or other information publicly, and third parties could use the information you disclose;
- Certain portions of our service may contain a tool which gives you the option to share information by email, text message and social or other sharing applications, using the clients and applications on your smart device;
- Social plugins (including those offered by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google) allow you to share information on those platforms.
Access to Your Account
In order to provide you with ease of access to your account and to help administer the GDN service, we implement technology that enables us to recognize you as the account holder and provide you with direct access to your account without requiring you to retype any password or other user identification when you revisit the GDN service. You can choose not to take advantage of this feature on your computer by unchecking the box "Remember me on this device" when you log in to the website. To remove access to your GDN account from your devices: (a) visit "My Account", choose "Sign out of all devices", and follow the instructions to deactivate your devices (note, deactivation may not occur immediately) or (b) delete your GDN settings from your device (steps vary by device and the option is not available on all devices). Where possible, users of public or shared devices should log out at the completion of each visit. If you sell or return a computer or GDN ready device, you should log-out and deactivate the device before doing so. If you do not maintain the security of your password or device, or fail to log out or deactivate your device, subsequent users may be able to access your account, including your personal information.
If you share or otherwise allow others to have access to your account, they will be able to see your information, including in some cases personal information, such as your watch history, ratings, reviews and account information (including your email address or other information in My Account). This remains true even if you use our profiles feature.
If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email or SMS, simply access the email and text messages settings page in the "Your Account" section of our website and uncheck those items to unsubscribe. Alternatively, click the "unsubscribe" link in the email or reply STOP (or as otherwise instructed) to the SMS message. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain email correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your account transactions.
You can opt in to receive mobile push notifications from GDN. If you subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can use your mobile device’s settings functionality to turn them off.
To exercise choices regarding cookies set through our website, as well as other types of online tracking and Internet advertising, see the Cookies and Internet Advertising section (below).
We give you access and the ability to update a broad range of information about your account, including your contact information and your communication preferences in the "My Account" portion of our website. You must be signed in to access "My Account."
If you have a question regarding our privacy practices, or want to exercise your rights regarding your personal information, please contact us at Privacy@GoldenDigitalNetwork.com.
We believe we use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Other Websites, Platforms and Applications
You must be 18 years of age or older to subscribe to the GDN service. In certain jurisdictions, the age of majority may be older than 18, in which case, you must satisfy that age in order to become a member. While individuals under the age of 18 may utilize the service, they may do so only with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian or the account holder.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will provide notice of any such changes (including when they will take effect) in accordance with law. Your continued use of the GDN service after any such updates take effect will constitute acceptance of those changes. If you do not accept any updates to this Privacy Statement, you may cancel your use of the GDN service. To see when this Privacy Statement was last updated, please see the "Last Updated" section below.
Cookies and Internet Advertising
- What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. They are widely used to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and assist with service or advertising personalization.
Cookies are not the only types of technology that enable this functionality; we also use other, similar types of technologies. See below for more information and examples.
We and our Service Providers may use the following types of cookies:
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are not essential, but help us to personalize and enhance your online experience with GDN. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided (for example, during member sign up). We also use these cookies to collect information (such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information) about our visitors' use of the GDN service so that we can enhance and personalize our website and service and conduct market research. Deletion of these types of cookies will result in limited functionality of our service.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies use information about your visit to this and other websites, such as the pages you visit, your use of our service or your response to ads and emails, to deliver ads that are more relevant to you. These types of ads are called "Interest-Based Advertising." Many of the advertising cookies associated with our service belong to our Service Providers.
- How can I exercise choice regarding cookies and other types of online tracking?
For more information about cookies set through our website, as well as other types of online tracking (including the collection of information by third parties about your online activities over time and across third-party Web sites or online services for online interest based advertising), and to exercise choices regarding them visit “My Accounts.”At this time, we do not respond to Web browser "do not track" signals.
- How Does GDN use Web Beacons and other Technologies?
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags) often work in conjunction with cookies. We and our Service Providers may use them for similar purposes as cookies, such as to understand and enhance the use of our service, improve site performance, monitor visitor traffic and actions on our site, and understand interactions with our marketing (including email and online ads on third party sites). Because web beacons often work in conjunction with cookies, in many cases, declining cookies will impair the effectiveness of web beacons.
We use other technologies that are similar to cookies, such as browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL). Like cookies, some of these technologies may store small amounts of data on your device. We may use these and various other technologies for similar purposes as cookies, such as to enforce our terms, prevent fraud, and analyze the use of our service. There are a number of ways to exercise choice regarding these technologies. For example, many popular browsers provide the ability to clear browser storage, commonly in the settings or preferences area; see your browser’s help function or support area to learn more. Other technologies, such as Silverlight storage, may be cleared from within the application.
Dated: February 12, 2016